Diabetes Youth Wellington
Diabetes Youth Wellington Incorporated (DYW) provides support, education, and advocacy for young people affected by diabetes (and their families) across the Wellington region. As well as providing support directly, we also provide opportunities for the diabetic youth community to interact, share challenges and support each other.
We an incorporated society, and a registered charity (CC38225).
- Provide support to newly diagnosed children, teens (aged under 18), and their families
- Provide ongoing support and advocacy, as needs arise
- Provide opportunities for young people affected by diabetes to network with others to share experiences and challenges; including the annual children and teen camps, and other social events
- Provide a forum for parents to meet and share challenges and relevant information
- Collate and distribute relevant information and useful resources to our community
- Organise information and educational events
- Collaborate with complementary organisations, including local District Health Boards, and other diabetes support organisations both locally and across NZ
- Raise funds to support the delivery of our objectives.